Thursday 11 April 2013

Carrot Pineapple Cake Recipe


  • It's been awhile since I had my last baking session. Yesterday, while buying some fruits at Life supermarket, I suddenly remembered a recipe that I have been wanting to try. It was the pineapple that actually triggered my mind.

  • I went home and quickly looked for the recipe. This recipe was taken from Allrecipes.com. I've tried baking a few carrot cakes before. However, after trying out this recipe, I think this is the best so far. 
  • The cake is rich and moist. I actually liked it even without the frosting because the cake itself is flavourful with the taste of carrot and pineapple.
  • I reduced the amount of sugar and I didn't add the coconut and walnut(didn't buy them earlier).  
  • Seriously, you should try this recipe especially if you're a fan of moist cake. It's simple and yummy! So, don't forget to give it a try folks!
  • Click here for the original recipe from Allrecipes.com
  • I've amended some ingredients in the recipe so, here it is:
Carrot Pineapple Cake 

250g - cake flour
9g - baking soda
6g - salt
2g - ground cinnamon(my kids don't like it so, i reduced   
       the amount)
300g - sugar
235ml - vegetable oil
3 - eggs
5ml - vanilla essence
220g - shredded carrots
220g - crushed pineapple

Frosting
250g - cream cheese
55g - butter (softened)
200g - icing sugar

Instructions are the same as the original recipe. So please refer to the link. Thanks :)

p/s: Sorry as I've forgotten to snap some pictures before cutting the cake.


















2 comments:

  1. crushed pineapple?how about the juice?masuk sekali ke?or exclude?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wani, i drained the juice before adding it to the batter. But, if you like, you may add just a little bit of the juice. If you include all the juice, it probably make the cake tastes more like a pineapple cake.

      Delete